Sunday, April 06, 2008

Spring Cleaning

Much of the last week was spent holed up in my bedroom, avoiding the wars going on around me. So I had plenty of time to think, which I think during this time of year, leads to an itch for newness. So I rearranged my room- not completely, but enough to make it "new", and I did alot of cleaning, more then I usually do. I also decided it was time to revamp my blog. However, I couldn't find a layout that I liked any more then my current one, so I decided just to change the colors. I also changed the picture. While Cinderella is not my favorite Disney character, I can relate to the all work no fun life that she has in the begining of the movie (and I'm hoping that my life will change dramatically for the better soon!) Changing things around feels like bloodletting to me- like if I change the layout of my room and the colors of my blog all the bad energy (or whatever) will leave me and things will be good again. I don't know why. Maybe because I would like to believe that it is this easy to make good things happen. Or maybe because I feel like I have tried everything else, so maybe if I just hang a good picture or pick a good color, my life will change.

3 comments:

sajmom said...

And Cinderella does have girly shoes! '.)

ADP said...

moving things around is good for you--as long as you are not one of those ppl who HAS to move things around all the time.

Sue said...

When I was young and first married I would rearrange my living room once a week when I cleaned. Chuck would always come home and be surprised. When I did the bedroom I would have him go look to see how it was before he went to bed, so he didn't land on the floor, LOL.

The change in your blog is OK, but my eyes are getting older and it is hard to read when the colors are so faint, that they are as light as the background. To be young again, LOL.