On Monday I had the truly wonderful task of handing in my resignation letter. I opted to hand my letter directly to Kim to prevent it from being "lost" in her mailbox. Kim has handled this event with the grace and professionalism that I have come to expect from her- my letter has yet to be seen or heard of by anyone other then Kim. I would not be suprised if it accidently on purpose fell in to the trash can before anyone could see it. I will be printing out another copy and taking it to HR as proof that it does exist and I did , in fact, give two weeks notice.
So you would think that I would be feeling an unparalled extacy- in two weeks I will never have to deal with Kim again!!! Wrong. I forgot how emotionally stressful leaving an agency can be. Not the office/Case Management part. I'm truly estatic about leaving that behind. It's the clients. After you spend a couple years spending a couple hours five days a week with someone, you get attached. There is a feeling of closeness because you have come in to their houses and seen and helped them through some rough times. Added to that, because I'm a therapist, is the feeling that you are leaving them high and dry. I would like to leave them in a good place, but both of them still need therapy and I know that it will probably be awhile in til they get a new therapist (everyone has waiting lists) and usually, the client winds up losing some of the skills that they have learned in therapy. I can't believe that in another week and a half I will probably never see these people again. It feels like an amputation. So, just a warning- I am very emotional right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Have you told the clients yet?
Yes, I told them Monday as well.
If there are waiting lists for clients to get new therapists you would think that the company wouldn't be as worried about losing a contract with a big client.
No the contract is with the funding source. So Valley Counseling Group cannot provide services to anyone with Magellan Behavioral Health insurance. Just like you can only go to places that accept MA- we cannot accept Magellan insurance. That would be 99% of our clients.
Good luck to you in your next job and I hope you are more appreciative than this last job. I'm sure you give them your all because that is the kind of person you are.
Post a Comment