Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Week in review- Valentine's edition

* Just to be clear, Valentine's day is not depressing because I do not get presents or go to fancy places- you don't need money to show your love for a special someone. It is depressing because I do not have a special someone.

* Prayers and happy thoughts please- I have started applying for master's level jobs! As one of the other interns pointed out, in April (when I graduate), ALL the new graduates will be looking for positions so there will be alot of competition and apparently it is not uncommon to have to wait for someone for a month or two.

* File this under weird names: there is a child in the daycare that I see a client in named Martini. Yes really.

* The hours count is 387. I still have not heard from my program director. Arrrrg!!!

*File this under wierd: This week Michael started a conversation with me about my lack of a love life. I was ultra hesitant to have this conversation with, really either one of them, but he persisted so I, reluctantly at first, participated- and I think he acctually cared. But that's not the wierd part. While we were in the kitchen having this lengthy conversation, Jen was in the living room watching TV. Not once did she come out and join the conversation. Ok, actually both Jen's non-participation and the conversation itself were weird. I have stopped discussing my lack of a love life with them for my own well-being because it only leads to either sacrine sweet cliches being recited or, if I'm really lucky, a half-assed attempt to fix me up with someone.

* My all time favorite excuse for missing a therapy appointment: One of the other therapist's clients cancelled their session because the Drew Carey show is on during their appointment time. Hmm... I can't imagine why the child is disrespectful and inconsiderate of other's time!

*I accidently no-showed a client this week. oops! I thought that I had scheduled him for a later appointment and I was not in the building during the time that he was actually scheduled.

* Answer me this: Michael Phelps is being paid millions of dollars because he excels in a sport in which healthy lungs are a neccessity. Why oh why would you smoke ANYTHING??!! DUMB_ _ _!!!

* There is an article on Parentdish.com that says that studies have shown that there is a gene for empathy, so if you feel things, I mean really feel things, you can thank your parents. So, my question is, which parent did I get it from? And thank you- empathy is an important tool to have as a therapist.

*Thank you to Steph & Tom for making my valentine's day not so horrible.

1 comment:

sajmom said...

Felt good to do it, so it works both ways!