Ok, so I broke my vow to blog faithfully at least once a week. Sorry! So here's what's been goin' on:
* I received my final W-4 and got my federal taxes done. The good news is that I do not have to pay any taxes for 2008! The bad news is that low gross wages doesn't amount to a whole lotta withholding money to get back.
* It's been a rough couple weeks with my primary client at work- he bit me on my arm. I was wearing a sweater and it still broke the skin!! He has been super aggressive lately- everytime I say "no" he hits, kicks, attempts to bite, and throws things at me. Despite this, I still think he's adorable (sometimes) If I can still love a child that is not mine after all this, I can only imagine the pull your own child has with you. Also, I think this means that I am ready to be a mother. ( are you listening God?!)
* The hours count: 380.5 down, 119.5 more to go!! I emailed my program director about using my hours with one of my clients at work, since I do play therapy with him. My director has yet to answer me back, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.
* I had the most heartbreaking group ever last night- I had to stop the group twice to explain that it is never ever ok for anyone, including our parents, to hurt us. And I'm still not sure that a couple of them got it.
* I am really not looking forward to Saturday: it's... that holiday ( I am not saying the v-word) that is a big fat reminder of the one area of my life that has never gone the way that I want it to. I don't care what all the hip little columnists say, it is NOT fun to be single on V-day and there is nothing good about it!!! Candy and e-harmony commercials everywhere! It's a minefield!!!
*To add insult to injury, today one of the kids at the daycare asked me if I have a baby in my belly.
*The client I mentioned in my last post is well on her way to being successfully discharged!! This particular client is my big, blue whale, so to speak, so I am tickled pink for both of us!!
*I have been craving eggs and pancakes like mad. Not sure why though.
That is all for now
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Laura, maybe you are lacking some kind of vitamin that you are craving these foods. My next door neighbor, Lauren, craves butter when she is lacking something in her body. That is what the doctor told her parents. Eggs have a lot of protein. Are you eating enough protein? I don't know what are in pancakes that would make us crave them, other than the sweetness we add on top of them, whether it is syrup, fruit, or powder sugar.
I had gotten into a kick many years ago where I craved pancakes everyday. Now a days it is every now and then I crave pancakes, but they have to be Perkins pancakes. They are the best in my book.
The V-day is hard on me too when you have NO extra money to do or buy anything special for someone I love. I usually make Chuck his favorite meal that day, which is steak. It is too commercialized for me. So, please don't feel bad, it makes me sad that you are sad, because you have a lot to give someone and you do it very well with your clients. Make them feel extra special that day, if you work that day, since I just realized it is on Saturday.
I too have made those mistakes, asking someone if she was expecting, when she wasn't. LOL, insert foot in mouth.
I have a hard time with eggs too, I always loved them. I'm having a good week when I realize that I've gone a few days without eating any and I haven't even missed them. Actually, I think it's salt on them that makes them taste so good to me. But anyway, congrats on your client that is going to be successfully discharged. And don't worry, the older you get, the faster times goes so before you know it your countdown will be done.
Hey Laura, I had a craving for pancakes today. I got them at Mickey D's. I just had to tell you that I had a craving for them after reading your post, go figure, huh.
Oh, I wish I'd read this post yesterday. I would have made pancakes for dinner and you could have had some!
Post a Comment