Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A Close Call

So today I was driving down 78 in the left lane and there was a truck in the right lane beside me. Out of no where, a small red car pulls out in front of both of us to get to the paved part of the median(on the other side of my lane), I'm assuming to turn around. I came so close to hitting the car that I braced my self for the crash- probably within a couple inches of hitting it. If I had not been paying attention, I would have hit the driver's door of this car, most likely killing the driver on impact, and I would have been, at the least, seriously injured. So this driver risked the lives of at least two people all to save himself a minute or two. How can you be so selfish?! Not to mention stupid.

3 comments:

ADP said...

Thank God that nothing happened!!! Are you on 78 everyday?

sajmom said...

Maybe that angel of education acts as a guardian angel too!!
Tom gets really irritated by people always trying to pass him. They're in such a hurry and where does it get them? One sometimes two carlengths ahead! Glad you risked our lives for that!

Laura said...

yes, sometimes several times. But usually the dorks, excuse me, bozos pass me.