Thursday, June 28, 2007

Opinions Please!

Jen recently mentioned to me that she heard that our graduating class is having a ten year reunion. She wants to go-but only with a group of friends. I say of course she wants to go: she's engaged, has a master's degree, is casually house shopping, and has a great job that she loves. I am on the fence. I am already in touch with pretty much everyone from high school that I really want to associate with, but it would be interesting to hear what other people are up to. However, unlike Jen, I have a crappy job that I am trying to get rid of, not even a mister right for now, and I am currently wondering what I'm going to do when our lease expires in May. Although, the Master's is in progress. What do all of you think?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you could meet Mr Right, you just never know.

Anonymous said...

This is Claire. Anyway, I think you should only go to this reunion if you think you will honestly have fun just talking to people. I mean if you know you're gonna just feel embarassed and shy of yourt current station in life, well that's just a waste of time.
On another note, screw any idiots who think you're like "not good enough" becuase you don't have all the staples of a late-twenty-something american...shit some people do things different, look at me i'm not even in college yet, what the hell am i doing with my life? ENJOYING IT. JESUS. Which is more than most people can say.
So i mean whatever. Just be yourself if you do go.

sajmom said...

I didn't go to any reunions yet because I honestly don't care that much. I don't feel the need to impress anyone, and frankly, since those people haven't been part of my life for so long I don't feel that I am missing anything. I mean, it would be nice to run into the ones that I liked, but I don't get why people stress so much over it. Carly S. was all worked up over our class reunion a few years ago because of what happened with her husband. I didn't understand why? Who cares, is my attitude. Go if you feel you'll have fun. You have a job, you're working towards a higher degree and you're enjoying your freedom.....nobody needs to pry any further. You certainly won't be the only woman there searching for mr. right-and many will probably have been through several of them!